Sunday, May 30, 2010

Last trip to hanoi...

Just got back from my last trip to Hanoi. I got nostalgic on the way home as it all started to set in that I'm leaving...my Ipod was playing some John Denver and a tear may have come to my eye...

But then my bus broke down and I sat in the sun for 1/2 hour before some man I didn't know physically pushed me into a different bus sardined with people, then moved me to stand in the front of the bus beside him and the driver, and they started making fun of me in Vietnamese for not speaking Vietnamese, even though I kind of understood what they were saying, and it wasn't all very nice so I didn't really feel like responding, and I thought, "Ok, I'm ready to go home now." Then I turned on some Jay-Z.

Woohooo! America in 3 days: Where people will still make fun of me, and public transportation will still kind of suck, but where I can swear in English and everyone understands. Also, it's the home of the free and the brave!!!!!!!

In other news, my students had their drama competition on Friday and it was GREAT! Pics and update soon...once I finish some grading. And take a nap...

No comments:

Post a Comment