Tuesday, May 18, 2010

2 weeks Out

I like to think in terms of weeks. My father likes to think in terms of day. I say, "Dad! I'll be home in 3 weeks!" and he says, "I know. 20 days and a wake-up."

Regardless...we're at 2 weeks, or 13 days and a wake up. I'm heading down to Hue in a few hours (and I really need to pack...), but in the meantime I've just been thinking a lot about everything I'll miss from here, as well as everything I'm looking forward to at home.

Two things stand out.
I will miss the fruit of Vietnam. So sweet and delicious. So cheap and juicy. So fresh. So good.
But I can't wait to see my beautiful dog Lady. She is so silly, and lovely, and sweet, and cuddly.
(However I am slightly concerned that my thoughts about missing food lead me to an excitement about seeing my puppy...hmmm....)

No comments:

Post a Comment