Friday, May 7, 2010

Beach Bound

Just a quick update before I catch my flight to Hoi An! Hoi An is an ancient city and UNESCO World Heritage Site located in Central Vietnam. It has a great shopping and silk district and a beautiful beach! I was on a huge travel kick at the beginning of the year, but since I got back from my Tet Holiday adventures to Laos and Cambodia I've been pretty well settled in Hai Duong and Hanoi.

I am THRILLED to be getting away, and even more happy about the prospect lying on the beach and getting a little color before I head back to America in a few weeks. Its been so damn hot lately, and the sun has been brutal, but every time I go out in a tank top I'm stopped by at least 10 Vietnamese telling me to cover up so my skin doesn't get blacker...thus I am as white as ever.

I'm going to try to keep my shopping/tailoring to a minimum, although that is part of what Hoi An is best known for. I recently had a tailor make me a gold lame/sequined mini dress, which in truth makes me look kind of like a Las Vegas hooker. I took it as a message that just because you get someone to make you anything you want, it doesn't mean you should take them up on it....

I also just have to take a moment and brag about the great hotel I got for my friend Corinne and I for $20/night! That's $10/person! I saved 80%. I am a hotel deal maven. See link.

Ok. Time for take-off. I got a hot pink pedicure and I'm ready to go.

1 comment:

  1. SO very jealous of your weekend visit to this hotel!! And I can NOT wait to se the gold lame/sequined mini dress. It'll be perfect for a weekend in Vegas Baby!!

    ReplyDelete