Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Live at Time of Tape

A few weeks ago I had this great idea: I would "liveblog" my Southeast Asian Adventure! I told my friends, and they were all like, "Well, are you going to have a webcam and have people sign on to talk to you live? Are you going to live update as you go like Twitter? Is anything about the liveblogging actually going to be live?"

I told them no....BUT we could make videos! And the videos would be live-at-time-of-tape!

They were unimpressed and kind of confused, saying everything is "live-at-time-of-tape."

So my dreams of liveblogging were squashed. To be perfectly honest, I don't really understand liveblogging either... Blogging isn't like chatting, so the second you post the words or pictures or movies, they are then in the past, right? So what is actually "live" about "liveblogging?" The "liveblogging" inevitably becomes "pastblogging," and I'm not interested in saying my "pastblogging" is "liveblogging" when there's nothing live about it!

Rather than deal with the liveblogging conundrum, or with the bigger existential crisis of "What is time?", I decided to just try to update every 2 or 3 days. Seeing as I finish the Cambodia leg of my trip tomorrow, that obviously didn't happen either. I'm sorry.

And now I'd like to tell you all about Angkor Wat, Phnom Penh , and Kampot, but I'm feeling really sleepy. I know I wouldn't be able to do my pictures/stories any justice in my current condition, and tomorrow I catch a plane for Laos, where I'll be completely incommunicado for 4 more days, so why break the silence now?

Instead of the slideshow/movies/magic I'll be posting eventually, I will tell you this: Cambodia has been awesome, and I can't wait to show it off...
In the meantime: check out these few live pics.







(**All pictures were live at time of shot)

No comments:

Post a Comment