Sunday, September 13, 2009

Cravings

Tuesday: Thu Ba
Word of the day: xin chao: hello/goodbye

I knew this would happen.
My boss Liz told me back before I left that she thought I would probably start craving weird things at some point in Vietnam.
She was right.
Is this what pregnancy feels like?
(That's not a very funny joke.)

1. Coffee. Bad coffee. With too much Splenda and just enough milk. From Star-Lite Deli on 44th Street.
2. Pickles on Burgers. Mashed in with the ketchup and cheese. Under a slightly toasted bun.
3. Nachos with melted over-processed Velveeta. (Pre-lactose intolerance.) Eaten on the couch. While watching football with my Dad. At 1pm on a Sunday after church with the family.
4. Lean Cuisine. With Emily. In her UWS apartment while watching Real Housewives of NYC. Eaten in a dish with chopsticks. To make it an event when we couldn't afford to go out.
5. Lancaster County Sweetcorn. Grilled while in its shucks. With too much butter and salt and pepper. Preferably eaten outside. With friends and loved ones. Who appreciate good produce as much as I do.
6. Red Wine. Anywhere. Always. But preferably with Italian food. Any Italian food. Except Italian food in Vietnam. It makes me sick.
7.Pumpkin Spiced Lattes (I didn't even know I liked them!) from September-November in New York. On days when you can wear a sweater and scarf, but don't need a jacket. Between runs around the reservoir and work.


I think that's enough. I actually feel a little better just putting that out into the universe.

2 comments:

  1. Comforting to know?

    You would be missing Cafe Mozart just as much if you were in New York rather than Vietnam!

    hm...not really.

    Well, I am comforted by the knowledge that that flea ridden birthday powdered wig is not in use anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss Cafe Mozart. I would love to have just dessert there anytime...

    ReplyDelete