Friday, August 7, 2009

Thu Sau (Friday)
Vietnamese Word of the Day: dai su: ambassador

Last night we had dinner at the house of the U.S. Ambassador to Vietnam. The food was good, the drinks were alcoholic, and the Ambassador looked like Teddy Roosevelt.I also got to meet my point person from Hai Duong Teachers College. Her name is Ms. Thu, and she was very sweet and very excited to meet me. She also brought another man from the college who kept having Ms. Thu translate for me that he thought I was very young and beautiful. It was nice, but kind of awkward.

Heading out to see the Quiet American at a 'Vietnam on Film' Festival. Looking forward to having some time to rest and explore this weekend...I'm beat.

Tam Biet. (Goodbye)

1 comment:

  1. I want to be a follower without subscribing or making one of these things. How can I do that??

    ReplyDelete