Sunday, August 30, 2009

My New House

Chu Nhat: Sunday
Vietnamese word of the day: Cam on--Thank you

Well, I'm all moved into my new home in Hai Duong. Its amazing how much more settled I feel just by unpacking my clothes, playing some music, and putting out all of my pictures.

My flat is really quite nice. The college has clearly worked very hard to make sure that I'm comfortable and at home. When I arrived I went straight up to the flat to use my bathroom, and by the time I came out there were about 10 people in my room to meet me. My host contact here, Thu, said that everyone wants to meet me because I am so strange looking. I'm going to take that as a compliment.

Here are some pictures of the new digs. I also have a roommate; he's a lizard named Lady, and he likes to eat mosquitoes. He and I are going to have a beautiful friendship.


My Bathroom. (The blue and red bins are the bath tub...but no worries. As my parents reminded me, I am the girl who used to love bathing in 5 gallon buckets in the mountains.)
My desk. Already a mess...

My parlor.
My bed area.
My boudoir curtains.
My kitchen area.
(God willing I will be able to figure out how to use the black things with the flames underneath...)

(This will be a regular occurrence in my new home)
God bless Skype.

Congrats to my parents on their move!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Maddie! Meghan and I say HI! We are enjoying reading your blog and wish you well. What an experience! Ever since Meghan went to England, Ireland & Wales four years ago, she has the traveling bug so she is jealous!!! Enjoy EVERY moment girl!!! Keep the pics and blog coming.... have a wonderful experience!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your desk looks just like it did at Fordham... :) Missing you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your flat! It is absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete